What Is Nickel Allergy?

  • 4

4 Answers

These messages are for mutual support and information sharing only. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Nickel allergy is a common cause of allergic contact dermatitis — an itchy rash that appears where your skin touches a usually harmless substance. It is often associated with earrings and other jewelry. But nickel can be found in many everyday items, such as coins, zippers, cellphones and eyeglass frames. It may take repeated or prolonged exposure to items containing nickel to develop a nickel allergy. Treatments can reduce the symptoms of nickel allergy. Once you develop a nickel allergy, you'll always be sensitive to the metal and need to avoid contact.
How to prevent from getting affected?
You are very likely to get affected if you’re exposed to some items. Better be more aware while using the following items:

Jewelry for body piercings
Other jewelry, including rings, bracelets, necklaces and jewelry clasps
Watchbands
Clothing fasteners, such as zippers, snaps and bra hooks
Belt buckles
Eyeglass frames
Coins
Metal tools
Cellphones
Keys
Military "dog-tag" ID
Chalk
Medical devices
Laptops or computer tablets
E-cigarettes
Need a picture.
Sorry that I can't make it here. You may check it out in the answer section below.

Here is a pic of nickel allergy. Hope it helps!

...