Shellfish allergies are horrible! I strongly suggest that you totally stay away from ALL shellfish. As for other seafood, you should also avoid them, because you don't know what exactly you are allergic to. Seafood may be made of the similar elements. Chances are that your symptoms will go from bad to worse as you keep eating them.I also had a similar experience. The doctor told me that I could not eat any shellfish and was given an Epinephrine pin to use in case of an emergency. However, I was so careless that I ate my mum's cooking without hesitation. The cooking was for my dad, not for me. I had no idea that the shellfish was cut into pieces. Suddenly, I had the most severe allergic reaction ever. If my mum did not find me, I almost went to death. She called an ambulance and sent me to the hospital. When I was in hospital, I have been unconscious for 2 days.All I want to say is that PLEASE don't take this lightly!