My husband has ringing in ears for over 30 years. What can be done about it?

  • 2

2 Answers

These messages are for mutual support and information sharing only. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
It might be tinnitus, which is the perception of noise or ringing in the ears. Generally, it's a symptom of an underlying condition, such as age-related hearing loss, ear injury or a circulatory system disorder. Although bothersome, tinnitus usually isn't a sign of something serious. Although it can worsen with age, for many people, tinnitus can improve with treatment. Treating an identified underlying cause sometimes helps. Therefore, you need to consult an ENT doctor to confirm the cause.
That is tinnitus. Some tinnitus may be caused by otogenic diseases, some may be caused by intracranial space occupying lesions, and in some tinnitus there may not be a clear cause. It is recommended that you have a head MRI and see an otolaryngologist for relevant tests. If none of these tests can find a cause, it is considered as primary tinnitus. Then, you will get medicine to ease the condition.