I wish someone would show a photo. I was bitten by something on my thigh. I felt like I have had a low grad fever, for a couple days, although it seems to be getting better. It's red, probably about an inch and a half in diameter and has one, maybe two gang marks. I initially pulled what I thought may have been a small tick off, but I didn't see any legs. Whatever it is has not been painful, but it does itch some, nothing like those damn ant bites! Any ideas? I don't even recall being bitten, but the itch and dull ache was almost enough to call in sick for work. I went. Fyi I'm 67 yrs old and insects and toxic plants have been a nemesis all my life. I love the outdoors, so I guess that's a tradeoff. The absolute worst thing beside, worse for me than the ant bites, was a good dose of Northern California Poison Oak!!