The answer is YES
Because warmth can soften the skin, oil and any margin debris, and improve circulation. Therefore, compress with warmth helps to unplug any blocked glands and allow the oily secretions to flow more readily.
Here are the steps:
- Soak a clean washcloth in hot water.
- Remove the water and let it cool for a while.
- Then apply the warm (not hot!) cloth to the affected eyelid.
- Re-soak the washcloth into the hot water once it is cooled.
- Then reapply again.
- Repeat this for 5 to 10 minutes, up to 5 times per day.
If you find the act of reheating the cloth too troublesome, here are some alternatives
- A hard-boiled egg: Do not peel the egg shell through.
- A small hot bottle
Keywords: blepharitis treatment warm compress, blepharitis warm compress, blepharitis warm compress mask, blepharitis warm compresses, blepharitis warm eye mask, warm compress blepharitis, warm compress mask blepharitis, warm compresses blepharitis, warm eye compress blepharitis