Treatment of heart disease begins with prevention. Many forms of heart disease can be prevented or controlled effectively with prevention measures that include regular exercise, not smoking or drinking excessively, achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, and eating a heart-healthy well-balanced diet.
The following are some most common medical treatments for Heart disease:
- Aspirin - low-dose aspirin may be used to avoid heart attacks. However, because of side effects and risks it is not usually recommended for healthy individuals. Rather, mainly for those with existing heart problems or previous conditions.
- Digitalis - makes the heart pump harder, also helps some heart rhythm problems.
- Blood cholesterol lowering medications
- Calcium-channel blocker (CCB)
- Nitrate (including nitroglycerine)
- Bypass surgery (Coronary artery bypass graft surgery)
- Coronary angioplasty (balloon angioplasty)
If you develop a condition of heart disease, consult your doctor about the specific treatment to take.
Keyword: heart disease treatments