Dialysis patients should be careful in their daily meals. But good news is that most food are free of worries, you only need to pay attention to some details.
The elements you should control in your meals include:
Here is some advice of various kind of food:
meet and meat substitutes
- Proteins and calories
--should not be used with salt
- one ounce of different meats such as beef or pork, lamb and poultry
- a quarter of a cup of some low cholesterol egg products, one large egg or two egg whites or two egg yolks.
- one ounce of any fresh or frozen fish or shrimps, clams, lobster or scallops
Don’t eat deli-style meats, canned meats
- raw cabbage
- peeled cucumber
- bean sprouts
- green or wax beans
- one green sweet pepper or a cup of alfalfa sprouts or some lettuce
Dairy Products and Desserts
- one slice of bread or a half of a hot dog/hamburger bun
- one small hard roll or dinner roll, half of a small Danish pastry, sweet roll, small plain bagel or plain English muffin
- half of a cup of milk (low fat or fat free), ice milk, ice cream, yogurt (plain or fruit), nondairy creamer or nondairy frozen desserts or topping.
- one and half ounces of cake, half of a cup of sweetened gelatin, 10 vanilla wafers, 1/8 of a fruit pie (cherry, apple or berry fruit pie) or 4 sandwich cookies.
In the end, you have to make it clear that diet is not the way to repair the diseased kidney, you need to receive a professional and scientific treatment.
Keywords: food list dialysis patients, diet dialysis patients, food list dialysis patients, foods dialysis patients can eat, foods dialysis patients cannot eat, meals dialysis patients, sample menus dialysis patients