Prostate cancer is a disease in which cancer cells form in the tissues of the prostate.
Men with prostate cancer may significantly improve their conditions with a simple change in their diet, a new study has suggested.
Whether your goal is to rid your body of prostate cancer or to prevent yourself or your loved one from ever getting that diagnosis, some specific foods that are known to protect the body include:
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes are high in lycopene, which could have a protective effect against prostate, lung, and stomach cancers.
- Fruits. Diets high in fruits and vegetables have been shown to protect against many cancers. Lycopene-containing fruits including guava, papaya, and watermelon may be especially good for you.
- Vegetables. Fiber-rich eating could slow the progression of the disease.
- Green tea and soy. Researchers believe they show promise in fighting prostate cancer.
- Fish. Fish that contain omega-3 fatty acids (salmon is one example) may help reduce prostate cancer risk.
- Walnuts. According to the findings, walnuts can reduce the size of prostate tumors by 50%. They can also make the tumors grow 30% slower.
There's no proven prostate cancer prevention and cure diet. But you or your husband may reduce your risk of prostate cancer by making healthy choices.
Keywords: prostate cancer food, prostate cancer diet, prostate cancer eat