Chronic constipation can be a nerve-racking discomfort. Finding out the causes of your constipation would be the first step towards solving your "go" problems.
Chronic constipation could result from many factors. There are two groups of major factors:
Your lifestyle and diet
Poor diet and lack of physical activity are the most common causes of constipation. Here are some diet- and lifestyle-related factors that can make you constipate:
Other Medical Problems:
- a diet heavy in meat and dairy products
- a diet heavy in processed foods, which are high in fat and sugar
- lack of high-fiber foods
- not enough water and other fluids
- too much alcohol or caffeine
- lack of exercise
- ignoring the urge to use the bathroom
If you still get no relief, it's time to go to your doctor. Other possible medical problems could also cause constipation. These medical problems include:
- Hypothyroidism (a disease that your thyroid cannot produce enough hormones)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Though constipation is not a severe disease, chronic constipation still affects your health and life. After looking for the causes of your situation, you can better cope with it.
Keywords: causes chronic constipation, chronic constipation cause, chronic constipation causes.