If you are afraid of getting gout or your family members’ getting gout, you may choose a healthy diet to seek preventions. Here are the guidelines:
- Drink plenty of fluids. Stay well-hydrated, including plenty of water. But remember limit sweetened beverages.
- Limit or avoid alcohol. Recent evidence suggests that beer may be particularly likely to increase the risk of gout symptoms, especially in men.
- Get your protein from low-fat dairy products. Low-fat dairy products may actually have a protective effect against gout.
- Limit your intake of meat, fish and poultry. pay close attention to what types — and how much — seem to cause problems for you.
- Maintain a desirable body weight. Choose portions that allow you to maintain a healthy weight.
Keywords: gout prevention, prevent gout, diet reduce gout, food avoid gout, foods avoid gout, foods avoid that cause gout, gout foods avoid, list foods avoid gout