Your doctor can help you manage migraine headaches so you get them less often and treat symptoms when they occur. Treatment can also help make the migraines you have less severe.
Your treatment plan may include a combination of these:
- alternative care, which may include biofeedback, meditation, acupressure, or acupuncture
- hormone therapy if migraines seem to occur in relation to your menstrual cycle
- lifestyle adjustments including stress management and avoiding migraine triggers
- OTC pain or migraine medications such as NSAIDs or acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- prescription migraine medications that you take every day to help prevent migraines and reduce how often you have headaches
- prescription migraine medications that you take as soon as a headache starts, to keep it from becoming
- prescription medications to help with nausea or vomiting
- self-care migraine remedies which may include biofeedback, meditation, acupressure, or acupuncture
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. You'd better consult with your doctor on more detail.
Keyword: headache migraine treatment; headaches migraine treatment; migraine headache treatment; migraine headache treatments; migraine headaches treatment; migraine signs symptoms treatment; migraine treatment; migraine treatment options; migraine treatments