Causes of psoriasis include the following aspects:
Some people are born with genes more likely to develop psoriasis. If you have an immediate family member with the skin condition, you have a higher risk of developing psoriasis.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition. Autoimmune conditions are the result of the body attacking itself.
What are the causes of psoriasis scalp?
- an infection (like strep throat)
- certain medications (like lithium)
- dry weather
- someone with psoriasis is exposed to a trigger
- immune system scrambles to defend itself by producing T cells, a type of white blood cell that helps ward off infections and other diseases
- T cell-production goes into overdrive
- inflammation and faster-than-usual growth of skin cells, leading to psoriasis symptoms.
Keywords: can cause psoriasis, cause psoriasis, causes psoriasis, causes psoriasis skin, psoriasis caused, psoriasis causes, causes psoriasis scalp, causes scalp psoriasis, scalp psoriasis causes, common psoriasis triggers