Firstly, we must point out that there is no cure for psoriatic arthritis, but medications and lifestyle changes can help ease symptoms and prevent further inflammation.
Medication to psoriatic arthritis:
reduce swelling and pain
slow the progression of the disease
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Steroid injections
- TNF-alpha inhibitor drugs such as such as adalimumab (Humira) and etanercept (Enbrel)
Lifestyle changes (help ease symptoms)
- Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) such as methotrexate and cyclosporine
- Joint replacement surgery
- Moderate exercise
- Stress-reduction techniques
- A healthy diet: whole grains; fatty fish like salmon and mackerel; nuts, and fresh produce
If you have psoriasis, be sure to tell your doctor if you develop joint pain. Psoriatic arthritis will bring you severe damage to your joints if left untreated.
Keywords: medication psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis treatment option, psoriatic arthritis symptoms treatment, psoriatic arthritis treatment, psoriatic arthritis treatment options, psoriatic arthritis treatments, treat psoriasis, treat psoriatic arthritis, treating psoriatic arthritis, treatment options psoriatic arthritis, treatment psoriatic arthritis