There is no accurate answer to the question because medications which work for some people may not work for others. But there are some most commonly prescribed therapies.
For mild to moderate psoriasis, creams and ointments may be effective enough to ease the symptoms.
For more severe conditions, creams, usually combined with oral medications or light therapy may work.
Topical psoriasis treatments
Other oral or injected medications
- Topical corticosteroids: reduce inflammation and relieve itching
- Calcipotriene or calcitriol
- Anthralin: slow skin cell growth
- Topical retinoids: decrease inflammation
- Tacrolimus and pimecrolimus: reduce inflammation and plaque buildup.
- Salicylic acid: promote sloughing of dead skin cells and reduces scaling
- Coal tar: reduce scaling, itching and inflammation
- Moisturizers: reduce itching, scaling and dryness
- Methotrexate: decrease the production of skin cells and inflammation
- Cyclosporine: suppress the immune system
- Drugs that alter the immune system
- Other medications: thioguanine and hydroxyurea
Some of these medications bring severe side effects, you must consult your doctor for all the possibilities and your consideration before finally taking one or some.
Keywords: best medication psoriasis, best medications psoriasis, best psoriasis medicine, injections psoriasis, psoriasis injection, psoriasis injection medication, psoriasis injections, medication psoriasis, medications psoriasis, medicine psoriasis, medicines psoriasis treatment, psoriasis medications list, psoriasis meds