Some food may increase your possibility of getting psoriasis, though they are not the root cause of it.
These foods include:
- Junk Food: food high in calories or fats with little nutritional value
- Red Meat, including processed meats, such as sausage and bacon
- Dairy Products
- Nightshade Plants: peppers, white potatoes, eggplant, and tomatoes
- Citrus Fruits: grapefruit, oranges, lemons, and limes
- Gluten: grass-related grains, including rye, wheat, and barley
- Condiments: pimento, cinnamon, curry, vinegar, mayo, paprika, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup
Although research has yet to confirm a direct link between what you eat and psoriasis, you may find that your symptoms improve when you avoid one or more of these foods.
Be sure to share with your doctor so you don’t miss out on any important nutrients.
Keywords: foods that cause psoriasis