At present, there is no cure
for PKD, as it is a hereditary disease and symptoms appear rather late. However, recent studies suggest that drinking plain water throughout the day
and avoiding caffeine in beverages
can slow the growth of cysts.
Studies also suggest that some treatments may slow the rate of kidney disease in PKD, but further research is needed before these treatments can be used in patients. Meanwhile, patients may try some supportive treatments
to control symptoms, help slow the growth of cysts, and help prevent or slow down the loss of kidney function.
These supportive treatments include:
- careful control of blood pressure.
- prompt treatment with antibiotics of a bladder or kidney infection.
- lots of fluid when blood in the urine is first noted.
- medication to control pain .
- a healthy lifestyle about quitting smoking, exercise, weight control and reduced salt intake.
- drinking lots of plain water throughout the day.
- avoiding caffeine in all beverages.
Keywords: polycystic kidney disease treatment, polycystic kidney disease treatment options, polycystic kidney disease treatments, polycystic kidney treatment, polycystic kidney treatments, polycystic kidneys treatment, treatment polycystic kidney disease, treatment polycystic kidneys, stages polycystic kidney disease, polycystic treatment.