Dermatitis is also called eczema. It is a condition that makes your skin red and itchy. The cause is not clear. It may get better or worse over time, but it is often a long-lasting disease.
Atopic dermatitis (eczema) signs and symptoms vary widely from person to person and include:
- Dry skin
- Itching, which may be severe, especially at night
- Red to brownish-gray patches, especially on the hands, feet, ankles, wrists, neck, upper chest, eyelids, inside the bend of the elbows and knees, and in infants, the face and scalp
- Small, raised bumps, which may leak fluid and crust over when scratched
- Thickened, cracked, scaly skin
- Raw, sensitive, swollen skin from scratching
Here are some pictures of atopic dermatitis (eczema):
If the symptoms are getting worse, please go to your doctor.
keywords: atopic dermatitis eczema; atopic dermatitis eczema pictures