Endometrial cancer (uterine cancer) is a type of cancer that begins in the uterus. Women who are suffering from endometrial cancer have obvious symptoms such as abnormal vaginal bleeding and pelvic pain.
As a matter of fact, the causes of the disease are still not known
. It is only certain that a genetic mutation happens in the lining of the uterus.
- Firstly, the genetic mutation turns normal, healthy cells into abnormal ones.
- Then, these abnormal cells grow and multiply out of control, and they don't die at a set time.
- Finally, the accumulating abnormal cells form a tumor.
Here are also some factors that may increase the risk of getting the cancer
- Changes in the balance of female hormones in the body.
- More years of menstruation.
- Never having been pregnant.
- Older age.
- Hormone therapy for breast cancer.
- An inherited colon cancer syndrome.
You should be careful with these factors and stay in contact with your doctor if you are worried about the condition.
Keywords: causes endometrial cancer