Medication is chosen by most people of high blood pressure to lower their blood pressure. There is a wide range of related medicine nowadays. Which medicine you shall take depends on following factors:
- How high your blood pressure is?
- What is the cause of your high blood pressure?
- How your body responds to the medicine?
- Other health problems you have.
Following medicines are often used according to different circumstances:
- Diuretics. It helps kidney to take salt and water out of body so as lower the pressure inside blood vessels.
- Beta-blocker. It slows down the heartbeat, thus making blood go through vessels with less force.
- Alpha-Blockers. It stops nerve signals before they can tell blood vessels to tighten, giving blood more room to move.
- ACE Inhibitors. This medicine prevents body from making a hormone that tells blood vessels to tighten.
- ARBS. It works just like ACR Inhibitors.
- Calcium Channel Blockers. They don’t let calcium into certain cells in heart and vessels, making it harder for electrical signal to pass.
- Central Agonists. They stop brain from sending signals which speed up heart rate and narrow blood vessel.
- Peripheral Adrenergic Blockers. They prevent signals that your brain sends from getting to your blood vessels and telling them to tighten. Doctors do not prescribe these drugs often.
- Vasodilators. They relax the muscles in your blood vessel walls. The vessels widen, and blood can flow through more easily.
Different medicines have different use and functions. Ask your doctor to prescribe the medicine suitable for you. Moreover, to lower blood pressure, using medicine alone is not enough. A healthy life style and proper diet is also indespensable.
Keywords: alternative medicine high blood pressure; blood pressure drug list; blood pressure medication; blood pressure medications; blood pressure medications+; high blood pressure medicine; list blood pressure tablets; list high blood pressure tablets; medications high blood pressure