You can take following steps to treat spinal stenosis symptoms at home:
- Learn about stenosis and about how to relieve symptoms.
- Exercise. Aerobic exercise as well as stretching and strengthening exercises for the lower back and stomach muscles can relieve symptoms and improve muscle strength, especially when done 4 or 5 times a week. The most helpful aerobic exercises include riding a stationary bike and walking on a treadmill with an incline.
- Lose extra weight, which not only can relieve symptoms but also can slow progression of the stenosis.
- Taking medicines, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or acetaminophen, to relieve pain. Be safe with medicines. Read and follow all instructions on the label.
- Restrict activities that make your symptoms worse. Depending on the severity and location of your stenosis, these activities might include walking and standing for a length of time.
Be sure to talk with your doctor before you start home treatment.
Keyword: home remedies spinal stenosis