Diarrhea can be a quite uncomfortable condition. As a healthy adult, you needn’t to worry about it, unless the condition becomes chronic. However, whether it is serious or not, you should find ways to treat the problem.
The following are some natural remedies for diarrhea. You may try them at home and find your treatment plan.
- Drink plenty of fluids: Water and water mixed with other elements will help provide you with those you lose after diarrhea. The things can be added include salt and sugar, orange juice, lemon juice or salt substitute.
- Eat more yogurt: Yogurt contains good bacteria cultures which are good for the gut.
- Get plenty of rest: Having a good rest will be a great relief.
- Apply a hot water bottle on your stomach: When your stomach is cramping, this may ease some of the pain.
- Eat white rice: White rice helps reduce the pain and frequency that comes with diarrhea.
- Avoid dairy and dairy products: dairy products, like milk and cheese. That is because they call for harder work of your small intestine to digest.
- Avoid greasy foods: Greasy foods trigger more problems, like bloating, constipation, or even diarrhea again.
- Try chamomile tea: Drinking two or three cups of the tea each day may reduce bloating after diarrhea and make you feel more comfortable.
- Eat blueberries: As blueberries are antibacterial in nature, they can help get rid of the cause of diarrhea, rather than just easing the symptoms.
- Avoid coffee and carbonated drinks: These drinks will irritate your gut and make the diarrhea worse.
- Try ginger tea: It helps remove some of the pain and aid your digestive system.
However, remember these options are not effective for everyone and you might keep trying before finding the best choice for your own condition.
Keywords: natural diarrhea remedies, natural ways stop diarrhea, treating diarrhea naturally