In normal cases, bowel movement can be in any color of brown (from the lightest shade to the darkest).
When the stool passed is light brown, yellow brown or entirely yellow, you need to pay attention to your condition.
Causes of Yellow Diarrhea in Babies
Causes of Yellow Diarrhea in Adults
- babies have very little time to digest breast milk and have friendly bacteria in their intestines which help in digestion and give the stools their brown color.
- babies' food does not contain fiber and roughage to give the stools brown color.
- Reduction in bile: ll stones or tumors that cause blockage in the bile duct, cancer of the pancreas or liver or cysts, cirrhosis and hepatitis may lead to reduction in bile. Thus the stools do not get the normal brown color.
- Pancreatic causes: when pancreas fail to produce enough enzymes, tumors and other conditions occur. Finally the feces appear light ot yellow.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome often pass stools frequently. Hence, lack of time for the bacteria and other pigments to work lead to yellow diarrhea.
- Giardiasis: an intestinal infection from consumption of giardia lamblia. Someone who drinks or swims in the contaminted water or make contact with the infected ones or animals are likely to get.
- Celiac diseases: an autoimmune disorder when the body's immune system attacks one's own tissues of the small intestine. This is a response to the consumption of foods such as barley, rye, wheat, etc. that contain gluten. This disease have connections with genetics.
- Gilbert's syndrome: a condition in which bilirubin levels are very high during certain periods. They are characterized by mild jaundice.
- Diet: Sometimes consuming foods and beverages with a strong yellow color can result in passage of yellow poop such as carrots, sweet patatoes, pumpkin etc.
- Stress: stress affect digestion by hastening the process. When you absorb fewer nutrients, your stools may turn yellow.
To find out the real causes of your yellow diarrhea, you may rule out the ones listed above. If you are not sure, you may turn to your doctor for diagnosis.
Keywords: yellow diarrhea, yellow diarrhea+