Doctors and scientists are always finding new ways to treat multiple myeloma. They have found following new options, especially for patients whose disease return or who fail to feel better with other treatments:
- Daratumumab (Darzalex). It makes your immune system fight multiple myeloma.
- Elotuzumab (Empliciti). It is a kind of drug that uses immune system to destroy multiple myeloma cells.
- Ixazomib (Ninlaro). It is a kind of drug that makes cells grow more slowly in body.
Following potential treatments are still in the stage of research. Some of them may have outstanding effect in the future. Scientists hold that the future of multiple myeloma is hopeful.
- Gene therapy. Researchers hope it will enable immune cells to recognize and destroy multiple myeloma.
- Gene expression profiling. A test to find when you may need chemotherapy.
- Personalized drug screening.
- New drugs.
- Arsenic trioxide.
- New techniques in stem cell transplant. The operation that replaces cells in bone marrow with new ones.
Keywords: new treatments multiple myeloma