Eczema is very annoying. Your skin will become itchy, red, and dry -- even cracked and leathery when it flares up. In addition to the intense itching, eczema commonly causes anxiety, depression, frustration and poor sleep. Here are some treatments when eczema flares up.
- Adding 10–15 minutes a day of sun exposure. It can provide relief as well as speed healing particularly during an eczema flare.
- Taking 2,000-5,000 IU Vitamin D daily during a flare. Consider boosting your intake with a high-quality supplement. Food like cod liver oil, sardines, salmon, eggs and raw milk may help a lot.
- Using coconut oil to moisturizer your skin. It provides soothing relief and may speed healing.
- Taking a bath with salt from the Dead Sea water. Remember to keep bath water just warm enough to prevent a chill because eczema flares can worsen when exposed to high and low temperatures. Do not rub the skin dry; pat gently with a soft towel.
- Try using a natural homemade eczema cream that incorporates Shea butter, coconut oil, raw honey and essential oils because the intense itching is often the most miserable part of an eczema flare.
- Probiotics may help prevent eczema in infants and decrease the severity of flares.
- Lavender essential oil can help reduce common symptoms during eczema flare up. Add 10 drops to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or almond oil, and gently rub into the skin. The aroma can help facilitate sleep, when itching is often at its worst.
- Vitamin E may help to relieve the itch and prevent against scarring.
- Applying witch hazel can help promote healing during a flare the rash starts to ooze.
Please go to your doctor for more suggestions.
keywords: eczema flare up treatment