Eczema is very annoying. Your skin will become itchy, red, and dry -- even cracked and leathery when it flares up. In addition to the intense itching, eczema commonly causes anxiety, depression, frustration and poor sleep. Here are the eczema skin treatments.
- Adding 10–15 minutes a day of sun exposure. It can provide relief as well as speed healing particularly during an eczema flare.
- Taking 2,000-5,000 IU Vitamin D daily during a flare. Consider boosting your intake with a high-quality supplement. Food like cod liver oil, sardines, salmon, eggs and raw milk may help a lot.
- Using coconut oil to moisturizer your skin. It provides soothing relief and may speed healing.
- Taking a bath with salt from the Dead Sea water. Remember to keep bath water just warm enough to prevent a chill because eczema flares can worsen when exposed to high and low temperatures. Do not rub the skin dry; pat gently with a soft towel.
- Try using a natural homemade eczema cream that incorporates Shea butter, coconut oil, raw honey and essential oils because the intense itching is often the most miserable part of an eczema flare.
- Probiotics may help prevent eczema in infants and decrease the severity of flares.
- Lavender essential oil can help reduce common symptoms during eczema flare up. Add 10 drops to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or almond oil, and gently rub into the skin. The aroma can help facilitate sleep, when itching is often at its worst.
- Vitamin E may help to relieve the itch and prevent against scarring.
- Applying witch hazel can help promote healing during a flare the rash starts to ooze.
Please go to your doctor for more suggestions.
keywords: eczema skin treatment