Yes, there are home remedies urinary tract infections. In fact, you will be amazed by how much you can do at home to help treat or prevent UTI (urinary tract infections). But do make sure you talk to your doctor and ask for guidance.
Here are some home remedies you may try:
- Use heat to relieve UTI pain. You can use a heating pad for 15 minutes at a time. Don't set the tempareture too high. Avoid direct contact with the skin.
- Have a healthier lifestyle. Stop smoking. Use hygiene products with no fragrance. Avoid wearing tight underwear, preferably made of cotton.
- Drink enough water. This is going to help you because water can flush away bacteria. Make sure you drink some water whenever you feel thirsty. Recommended daily amount for women is 91 ounces and 125 ounces for men.
- Nourish your body with vitamin C. Eat foods that contain a lot of vitamin C. You can also take vitamin C supplements if you have a serious condition.
- Take herbs. Goldenseal and bearberry leaf may be helpful. But you have to be careful about herbal remedies because they can cause side effects. So check with your doctor before you use any herbs.
As I just said, be cautious with home remedies. If you use them the wrong way, there will be consequences.
Keywords: home remedies urinary tract infection; home remedies urinary tract infections