People with overactive bladder go to the restroom more often than needed. Those with urge incontinence may pee before they reach the toilet.
- Have a very strong urge to pee and leak urine before you get to the toilet.
- Feel the need to pass urine when you have sex, wash dishes, etc.
- Eager to figure out where the bathroom is whenever you arrive at a new place.
- Avoid some activities because you are afraid of leaks.
- Go to the restroom frequently at night.
- Avoid drinking beverages that irritate the bladder. Such beverages often contain caffeine, alcohol and artificial sweeteners.
- Take medicine that helps relax the bladder muscle.
- Do exercises that can strengthen your pelvic-floor muscles.
- Suppress unnecessary urge to urinate. You will be able to delay urination over time.
- Put inside the buttocks a generator that sends electrical impulse to slow the signals that cause frequent urination.
Keywords: overactive bladder urge incontinence; overactive bladder incontinence; urge incontinence; urinary incontinence overactive bladder