In fact, doctors aren’t sure of the causes of fibromyalgia. Many things could cause pain all around your body. Besides, different people may have different things that seemed to trigger their condition.
Generally speaking, the common risk factors include:
- Genetics. Because fibromyalgia tends to run in families.
- Infections or other diseases. Some illnesses appear to trigger or aggravate fibromyalgia, such as arthritis.
- Physical or emotional trauma. Sometimes a physical trauma, such as a car accident, or psychological stress can trigger fibromyalgia.
- Gender. Women tend to have a higher risk.
- Lack of exercise. If you rarely exercise, you get a higher chance.
Therefore, besides a variety of medication, exercise, relaxation and stress-reduction measures also may help to treat the condition.
Keywords: causes fibromyalgia, fibromyalgia causes