Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition affecting your bones and muscles.
Sometimes symptoms emerge after a surgery, infection, physical trauma or psychological stress. In other cases, symptoms gradually develop with no single triggering event.
Besides aches all over, common symptoms also include:
- Muscle pain, burning, twitching, or tightness
- Low pain threshold or tender points
- Draining fatigue
- Trouble concentrating and remembering
- Insomnia or not sleeping well
- Feeling nervous, worried, or depressed
Fibromyalgia often occurs with other painful conditions, such as:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Migraine and other types of headaches
- Interstitial cystitis or painful bladder syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint disorders
While there is no cure for fibromyalgia, a variety of medications can help control symptoms. Also, exercise, relaxation and stress-reduction measures may help a lot.
Keywords: are signs fibromyalgia, arthritis fibromyalgia symptoms, fibromyalgia chest pain, fibromyalgia signs, fibromyalgia symptom checklist, fibromyalgia symptoms, fibromyalgia symptoms+, fibromyalgia syndrome symptoms, signs fibromyalgia, signs symptoms fibromyalgia, symptoms fibromyalgia