Melanoma is the most dangerous form of skin cancer. They start in the pigment-producing melanocytes in the basal layer of the epidermis. They often look like moles and some develop from moles. Most of melanomas are black, and some can be skin-colored, pink, red, purple, blue or white.
The following ABCDE rule will help you know whether your moles are likely to develop into melanoma:
- Asymmetry: Cancerous moles do not look the same on both sides.
- Border: The border of cancerous moles may be uneven, jagged or blurry.
- Color: Cancerous moles usually have more than one color.
- Diameter: If a mole is larger than an eraser (about 0.25inch, or 6mm), it is abnormal.
- Evolution. Changes of moles in the symmetry, border, color or diameter.
Here are some pictures of melanoma moles. If you find that your moles look like pictures below, you had better consult your doctor and have your moles checked at once. Melanoma is curable. The earlier you receive diagnosis and treatment, the more likely you are to cure it. You must care about it because it may be fatal without treatment.
Keywords: melanoma mole pictures; melanoma moles pictures; moles melanoma pictures; photos melanoma moles; pics melanoma moles; picture melanoma mole