Lupus can’t be passed from one person to another.
While we know lupus causes the immune system to create antibodies against itself, what causes lupus is still unknown.
However, as in the most cases, it can be triggered by
- Environmental factors, such as certain drugs, smoking and infections, overexposure to sunlight
- Emotional stress
- Medications, such as NSAIDs, antimalarial drugs etc.
Three main risk factors
- Sex: more common in women
- Race: people of African American, Hispanic and Asian descent have a higher risk.
- Age: mostly affects people between 15 and 40 years old
In a word, whatever causes your or other people's symptoms, lupus is never contagious. But what you or him should do is receiving treatment as soon as possible.
Keywords: lupus contagious