Lupus is an autoimmune condition that will affect patients for a long time. Knowing about the latest finding of the disease can better help we prevent and treat it.
Here are 5 new research findings about lupus.
- Researchers have identified a two proteins (GARP and TGF-beta) that regulates autoimmunity. And this pathway may represent a potential future therapeutic target for treatment.
- Researchers have found explanations on how a type of healthy bacteria in yogurt and other dairy products might reduce symptoms in certain patients with lupus.
- Trauma exposure and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in civilian women are at a higher risk of lupus.
- Researchers have discovered that a process that protects the body from autoimmune disease also prevents the immune system from generating antibodies. And these antibodies can neutralize the HIV-1 virus.
- A specific biomarker detected in the blood of lupus patients has something to do with atherosclerosis. Also, these patients have no symptoms of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and are thought to be at low risk of CVD based on traditional risk factors,
Keywords: lupus new research result