In brief, hemorrhoids are swollen veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. As a matter of fact, the condition is very common.
How many types of hemorrhoids?
Based on their locations, the most common ones are as following:
What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
- Internal hemorrhoids develop within the anus or rectum.
- External hemorrhoids develop outside of the anus. But they are the most common and most troublesome.
- Mixed hemorrhoids happens when the condition combines internal and external hemorrhoids.
What causes hemorrhoids?
- extreme itching around the anus
- irritation and pain around the anus
- itchy or painful lump or swelling near your anus
- fecal leakage
- painful bowel movements
- blood on your tissue after a bowel movement
Actually, experts aren’t sure of the exact causes of hemorrhoids. While the possible factors may include:
- straining during a bowel movement
- complications from chronic constipation
- sitting for a long period of time, especially on the toilet
- a family history of hemorrhoids
- anal intercourse
- a low-fiber diet
- standing too much without taking a break to sit
Though hemorrhoids are painful, they aren’t life-threatening and often go away on their own without treatment. Also, even the serious ones are treatable.
However, seek emergency care if you have large amounts of rectal bleeding, lightheadedness, dizziness or faintness.
Keywords: hemorrhoids, hemorrhage, hemorrhoid++, hemorrhoids_, hemorrhoids+