Hepatitis C is a viral infection that causes liver inflammation, sometimes leading to serious liver damage. It transmits by contacting with infected blood. So, if you are a hepatitis C carrier, here are what you should do.
Ways to take care of yourself:
• avoiding alcohol
• consulting with your doctor before taking prescription and over-the-counter medications
• following a healthy diet rich in vegetables, fruits, and whole grains
• controlling your cholesterol and blood sugar
• getting at least 30 minutes of exercise per day
• getting vaccinated against hepatitis A and hepatitis B
Ways to protect others:
Don’t share any materials include:
• fingernail clippers
If you’re pregnant and not sure whether you carry the virus, get tested right away because you could transmit the virus to your baby.
Keywords: hepatitis c carrier