Internal hemorrhoids occur when there is too much pressure on the veins around the lower rectum and anus. In fact, this condition is quite common. More than half of the population suffers it from time to time.
As mentioned before, they result from pressure on the veins in the anal and rectal areas. Many factors can trigger the condition, including
- Straining during a bowel movement
- Sitting for a longed period of time on the toilet
- Rushing to finish a bowel movement, causing additional strain on the region
- Pregnancy - additional weight to bear
- Aging - the muscles in the area lose strength over time
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Obesity - the added weight increases the pressure all over the body
- A diet high in fat and low in fiber
- A family history
If you suspect that you are in the condition, you should make some changes of your lifestyle. Additionally, extreme cases and pain require the attention of a doctor. However, this condition is generally not a cause for major concern.
Keywords: causes internal hemorrhoids, cause internal hemorrhoids