In most cases, contact dermatitis only lasts about 2 to 4 weeks. It will disappear naturally. Therefore, you do not need a specific way to treat it. However, symptoms of contact dermatitis, like itching, make people feel very uncomfortable.
Following ways can help you reduce symptoms by yourself:
- Figure out and avoid irritation or allergen. This is very important.
- Anti-itch cream or lotion. Before using it, you had better consult your doctor.
- Apply cool, wet compresses.
- Avoid scratching.
- Soak in a cool bath.
- Protect your hands. Use moisturizer every day.
If ways above fail to ease your symptoms, your doctor may prescribe medications including:
- Steroid creams or ointments. They help soothe the rash.
- Oral medications. They can reduce inflammation and relieve itching.
Remember all the time that following your doctor’s advice is necessary. Contact dermatitis varies by people. Your doctor will help you find a way most suitable for you.
Keywords: contact dermatitis treatment; remedies contact dermatitis