In fact, most mild hemorrhoids can clear up without any treatment. And all what you need is to pay attention to your lifestyle patterns. In addition, you may try some OTC creams or ointments to speed up your recovery. While in serious cases, you should turn to your doctor for medical treatment or even surgery.
The following are the specific options.
- Eat high-fiber foods, such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Because they can soften the stool and increases its bulk.
- Use topical treatments. When considering the choice, consult a doctor for specific use. But never use them for more than a week because it may cause your skin to thin.
- Soak regularly in a warm bath or sitz bath. You may soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.
- Keep the anal area clean.
- Avoid dry toilet paper. When finishing a bowel movement, use wet or moist toilet paper without perfume or alcohol.
- Apply cold. Apply ice packs or cold compresses on your anus to relieve swelling.
- Take oral pain relievers.
However, if home treatments aren’t helping with your condition, your doctor might recommend:
- Rubber band ligation. This procedure involves the doctor cutting off the circulation of the hemorrhoid by placing a rubber band around it. This causes loss of circulation to the hemorrhoid, forcing it to shrink.
- Injection therapy, or sclerotherapy. Your doctor injects a chemical into the blood vessel directly. This causes the hemorrhoid to reduce in size.
- Hemorrhoid removal. In this procedure, your surgeon removes excessive tissue that causes bleeding.
- Hemorrhoid stapling. It blocks blood flow to hemorrhoidal tissue. It is typically used only for internal conditions.
Finally, remember, hemorrhoid is not a life-threatening condition. However, if there is no improvement in your symptoms, talk with your doctor about the best option for you.
Keywords: hemorrhoid treatment, getting rid hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid relief, remove hemorrhoids, treatments hemorrhoids, get rid hemorrhoid, treat hemorrhoids quickly