Plantar fasciitis is a painful foot problem. It results from inflammation and tearing of the plantar fascia ligament. If you ever want to cure your plantar fasciitis, you need to do some plantar fasciitis exercises to strengthen your plantar fascia. Here are two best plantar fasciitis exercises.
Ankle Nerve Flossing
This simple exercise allows you stretch the nerves that run through the ankle and to the supporting soft muscle tissues.
1) Lie down on the floor on your back, legs stretched out, toes pointed to the ceiling.
2) Slowly lift the leg that has the foot suffering from plantar fasciitis and foot pain, upwards toward the ceiling, toes pointing to the ceiling.
3) Your knee should be slightly bent and your hips should remain in contact with the floor.
4) Slowly straighten your leg and try to point your toes downwards toward your shin and floor.
5) Repeat this exercise for 10 repetitions.
This exercise can be quite effective when you awake in the morning and feel foot pain as soon as you start bearing weight on the foot. You will need a tin can, hard ball (tennis ball will work well), or even a bottle.
1) Sit on the edge of your chair or side of your bed.
2) Place your painful foot on the can.
3) Gently and slowly roll the can from your toes back to your heel.
4) Repeat this exercise for 15 repetitions (rolls) on the affected foot.
Anyone can do this two types of plantar fasciitis exercises, regardless of the severity of your plantar fasciitis or how long you’ve had your injury.
Keywords: exercises plantar fasciitis; plantar fascia exercises; plantar fasciitis exercises