The main symptom of bronchitis is a productive cough that persists several days to weeks . Other symptoms that may occur include:
- Wheezing sounds when breathing
- Tightness or dull pain in the chest
- Shortness of breath
Your doctor might recommend rest and lots of fluids to let the symptoms fade away on its own.
Other treatments for bronchitis cough may include:
- A cough suppressant. It will only help if you're not bringing up mucus anymore; if you are, it means you're still clearing your airways and your doctor likely won't advise you to take one.
- Pain reliever
- Sleeping near a humidifier or sitting in a steamy bathroom
- Bronchodilators in which inhaled medicines that help open your airways
Keywords: bronchitis symptoms treatment