It sure is! In fact, people in the United States are asked to receive several meningitis vaccinations. Here are six common types of meningitis vaccines:
- Pneumococcal vaccine. People receive it to protect themselves against severe infections (meningitis included) resulted from pneumococcal bacteria.
- Meningitis B vaccine. This provides people with protection against meningococcal group B bacteria. Children with meningitis often get the disease because of meningococcal group B bacteria.
- Hib/Men C vaccine. It reduces people's risk of getting meningitis caused by meningococcal group C bacteria.
- 6-in-1 vaccine. This vaccine can help protect people against meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b.
- Meningitis ACWY vaccine. It offers protection against meningitis caused by meningococcal groups A, C, W and Y.
- MMR vaccine. This gives people a lower rate of getting mumps, rubella, and measles. Sometimes, meningitis appear as a complication of these diseases.
Keywords: meningitis vaccinations; meningitis shot; meningitis shots; meningitis vaccination; meningitis vaccine; meningitis vaccines; vaccine meningitis