After reading this short article, you will know the recommended age(s) for receiving different types of meningitis vaccines.
- Pneumococcal vaccine. There are two types of such vaccine. PCV13 is for children under 2, while PPSV23 is for kids 2 years or older.
- MMR vaccine. It's recommended that kids get the vaccine from 12-15 months old.
- Hib vaccine. 2 months old: first dose; 4 months old: second dose; 12-15 months old: third dose.
- 6-in-1 vaccine. 8 weeks old: first dose; 12 weeks old: second dose; 16 weeks old: third dose.
- Meningitis ACWY vaccine. Teenagers and students who first go to college should receive this vaccine.
Keyword: meningitis vaccine schedule