Actually, there are many alternative treatments for depression and anxiety. They don't involve drug use. These treatments include:
- Yoga. Meditation, and physical and breathing exercises are all involved in yoga. A combination of them may make patients feel better.
- Acupuncture. It's a popular ancient Chinese healing method. It involves inserting needles in certain areas of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis. This is a natural way to relieve your stress. You don't need to spend too much time on it. Exercise for a short time everyday can be helpful.
- Limit nicotine and caffeine. These can make you even more anxious.
- Have a healthy diet. Evidence shows that foods rich in folic acid and omega-3 fatty acids can reduce depression. So, avocados, spinach, tuna and salmon are recommended.
- Connect with others. You can join a support group. You may even start one on your own. The caring, support and understanding you feel along the way will help a lot.
Keyword: alternative treatments depression anxiety