There are prevention medications that help you have fewer migraines, make your headaches less severe, and make your headaches shorter.
The latest guidelines say these drugs can prevent migraines:
- Anti-seizure drugs. They may work by calming nerve cells in the brain.
- Beta-blockers usually treat high blood pressure and heart disease. It may be because they improve blood flow.
- Antidepressants affect the level of the brain chemical serotonin, which may be linked to migraines.
- Triptans for menstrual-related migraines. Among these, frovatriptan (Frova) can prevent migraines that women get because of their menstrual cycle.
- Botulinum toxin ( Botox ) may keep the brain from giving off chemicals that the body uses to send pain signals.
Keywords: best migraine prevention medication