Medication treatment for atopic dermatitis includes following major ways:
- Steroid creams or ointments for mild flares.
- Steroid pills for severe cases.
- Antihistamines to control itching, especially at night.
- Antibiotics if you have an infection.
- Drugs to suppress your immune system.
- Light therapy.
All medications above are just for reference. Atopic dermatitis varies by people. There is not a unified or best medication. You must consult your doctor and ask your doctor to judge whether you need medication. If medication is needed, your doctor can also help you find a type of medication that is suitable for you. Never take medication without the permission from your doctor.
Keyword: atopic dermatitis medication