There are certain kinds of foods that can help treat migraines. Some can effectively curb tha pain caused by a migraine and prevent recurrences. They include:
- Potent anti-inflammatory properties: These can help cure migraines triggered by inflammation. Flaxseeds contain these.
- Riboflavin (aka Vitamin B2): Foods that contain Riboflavin include spinach, whole grains, lean beef, broccoli, low fat milk, and mushrooms, etc. They help stimulate the production of energy at the cellular level to treat migraines triggered by certain genetic defects that prevent the cells from maintaining the energy reserves.
- Omega-3 fatty acids (aka healthy fats): They can effectively reduce inflammatory conditions to reduce the intensity and severity of recurrent migraines. Fish and flaxseeds are good resource of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Millet: It contains a lot of nutrients like vitamin B and magnesium which can help stop a severe migraine.
- Magnesium: It helps the brain become more resistant to migraine related triggers. Foods that contain magnesium include whole grains, nuts, leafy vegetables, and beans.
- Water: At least 9 cups of water a day can keep body hydrated to prevent migraines triggered by dehydration.
Some foods can even trigger migraines. Stay away
from foods like:
- fried foods
- tryramine rich foods like potatoes, cheese, sugar, soya products, tomatoes and chocolate
- foods rich in refined carbohydrates
Keywords: diet migraine relief