Migraines are headaches that cause severe, throbbing pain, usually along with nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light or sound. If you don't want to take drugs, there are some herbal remedies for you to treat migraine.
- Feverfew: Feverfew extract can reduce migraine symptoms by consuming 2 to 3 times in a day. The leaves can also be used to help in the treatment of migraine.
- Peppermint Oil: You can either rub peppermint oil on your temples and forehead area to reduce migraine pain or mix peppermint oil with hot water to inhale the aroma.
- Basil: Dried basil can be mixed with witch hazel in hot water. Rub the mixture on the forehead, temples or neck area can provide relief from migraine. You can also mix basil oil with hot water to inhale the aroma.
- Chamomile: Mix chamomile and mint and massage the mixture on temples and back head area can provide relief from migraine.
- Rosemary: Mix rosemary with hot water and the aroma can be inhaled to relieve migraine.
- Lemon Balm: Dried lemon balm leaves can be used to prepare herbal tea and be taken on a daily basis to relieve migraine.
Keywords: herbal remedies migraines