There are some home remedies to relieve migraine headaches.
- Put an ice pack on your forehead, scalp, or neck to relieve the pain.
- Take over-the-counter drugs such as ibuprofen and naproxen.
- Drink some coffee or get some foods and drinks that contain caffeine.
- Stay in a dark and quiet room to help speed up the recovery.
- Get some exercises such as yoga when you feel well to make your body release endorphins, chemicals that fight pain.
- Eat foods that contains magnesium such as dark-green veggies, whole grains, and nuts to prevent migraine.
- Get enough rest to help stave off migraines.
- Take some vitamin B2 which can be found in milk, cheese, fish, and chicken.
- Avoid the triggers.
- Take the butterbur extract which is found to be effective to reduce the number and intensity of headaches for some people.
Keywords: home remedies migraine headaches