What Are Skin Boils?

  • 2

2 Answers

These messages are for mutual support and information sharing only. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
When bacteria infect and inflame one or more of your hair follicles, skin boils will appear and usually start as red, tender lumps. They will become painful, pus-filled bumps that form under your skin after some time. The lumps quickly fill with pus, growing larger and more painful until they rupture and drain. Here are some symptoms of skin boils:
  • A painful, red bump that starts out about the size of a pea
  • Red, swollen skin around the bump
  • An increase in the size of the bump over a few days as it fills with pus (can sometimes reach the size of a baseball)
  • Development of a yellow-white tip that eventually ruptures and allows the pus to drain out
You can usually care for a single boil at home. But don't attempt to prick or squeeze it — that may spread the infection. Go to doctors for profession advices when it's necessary! key words: skin boils
Start eating Oatmeal ASAP (boil 1/2 c. Oats in 1 c water when it gets sticky remove from heat & add fruit of choice, sweeten as desired) If you don't like oatmeal Walmart has prebiotics and probiotic for digestive problems and please remove red meat from your diet(that causes most health problems & Mad Cow)
thanks for trying to help but i don't see the point of eating oatmeal when you have skin boils i do see somewhere that we should apply the paste of boiled oatmeal and water to the skin though.
Pictures of boils on neck
I can tell you why eat oatmeal.
More better oat bran.
Most sickness starts in the bowls. If you have sick bowls you have infection in your whole body. That will eventually poison you and you can die.
Oat Bran helps scrap the walls of the lining and keeps the infection to a minimum.
There is no cure for bowl problems only maintain. Take probiotics and eat yogurt or butter milk sonthing with live cultures. It will help.
Grap juice for your blood.
it is summer time and i go to the gmy 5 or 6 days a wk...i am always sweating between my legs....i already told my OBGYN, she said some ppl sweat more than others. after my work out i shower and i stopped wearing underwear to bed...this is my first boil on my butt but very close to my vagina.should i ask my doc to give me some kind of medicine. like black sabb??  i am very healthy and 64 and dont take any kind of medication at all, wht should i do?
You should first go to see a surgeon to drain the boil. That is the most effective method.
I have gotten boils at least once a month on my inner thighs. I used to deal with them with hot compresses, gauze, and a good anti-bacterial soap. I recently had a rather large one  and had to go to the local ER to have it lanced. The doctor gave me two prescriptions for antibiotics (Keflex and Bactrim) along with a mild painkiller.