OTC medicines always fail to work in treating cystic acne
. Following treatments are common:
- Oral antibiotics. It can control bacteria and lower inflammation.
- Birth-control pill. It can help regulate hormones of women.
- Prescription-strength creams, lotions, or gels with retinoid.
- Isotretinoin. It can completely clear the skin for most people. However, women need to avoid being pregnant during taking this drug.
- Spironolactone. It is effective for cystic acne in women.
If you want to treat cystic acne, you had better consult your doctor. Your doctor will find a most suitable way based on your skin type and body condition. Follow your doctor’s suggestion.
Keyword: cystic acne treatment; cystic acne treatments