If you have some of the following symptoms, you may have a tonsillitis.
- inflammation and swelling of the tonsils, sometimes severe enough to block the airways
- Redness of the tonsils
- A white or yellow coating on the tonsils
- Painful blisters or ulcers on the throat
- Loss of appetite
- Ear pain
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing through the mouth
- Swollen glands in the neck or jaw area
- Fever, chills
- Bad breath
In children, symptoms may also include:
- Abdominal pain
Call your doctor if you have these signs and symptoms.
Keywords: know if you have tonsillitis; tell if you have tonsillitis.